Dennis and Chee, husband and wife and both amazing piano soloists, explore the inner and by no means obvious connections between Classical and Impressionism/early twentieth-century colourist styles (with French Debussy and his English counterpart Frank Bridge) in a mixed programme alternating piano solo and piano four hands. Both Dennis and Chee master piano technique at its finest and highest level, that is, sound control and its infinite nuance possibilities – let’s not forget that the Greek origin of technique (techné) means ‘art’ – this is an evening not to be missed.
1. J.A. Benda, Sonata in E flat major for piano four hands
2. J.L. Dussek, Sonata in B flat major op. 74 for piano four hands
3. C. Debussy, Four Preludes for piano solo from Book 1 (Dennis Lee)
4. F. Schubert, Introduction & Variations on an original theme op. 82 No. 2 for piano four hands
5. F. Bridge, Three Sketches for piano solo (Chee Hung-Tao)
6. A. Dvorak, Three Slavonic Dances for piano four hands
Dennis Lee and Chee Hung-Tao, piano solo and piano four hands